Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hello, I am Winston Smith... Pennsylvania Admits Its 1984

I remember long before I had read Orwell's 1984 the talk that went around regarding Big Brother ...more like "big brother is watching" and it was sort of taken with a grain of salt. Now it has been so many years since I've read the book I cannot remember when it was...not sure if it was compulsory reading in college or I just read it at my leisure, but any event Winston Smith (a character in Orwell's 1984) is with us in 2010. The InfoWars commentary below brings back a picture of a sign looked at by Smith... but before I go on about the sign, and maybe it was what I had said just a few days ago that made the connection with the word, "Orwellian". Writing on another post I fielded these words, "I use to think that Bill and Hillary Clinton were the experts in deceit but along comes Obama and now the whole world is turned upside down...right is wrong, no is yes, no tax means more tax, and the list goes on..." and now the printed sign seen by Winston Smith, "WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH". I hope you see the juxtaposition of his sign and my words...quite a similarity to say the least! So you see Winston is me and I am Winston...I couldn't have been more clearer. Right! Meanwhile back at the ranch, we now have a government that openly admits it's Orwellian control over individuals as pointed out in both the commentary and video below. ~ Norman E. Hooben

ps: Is Rahm Emanuel the guy that gives the daily hate speeches in 1984 ...think about it!
______________________




The following from InfoWars.com



Orwellian Big Brother Tax Collection Commercial Airs in Pennsylvania



Keith Farrell - Infowars.com May 2, 2010



We’re not living in an Orwellian Police state; it’s all just a conspiracy theory. However, that’s not what Pennsylvania’s government is telling their citizens. In what can only be described as a mafia-style intimidation tactic, the Pennsylvanian government is telling citizens there that they “know who you are”. The video shows a satellite image zooming in on and individual’s home while a computerized voice informs him that they know who he is and that he owes $4,212 in back taxes. The voice then proceeds to tell him that they can make it easy for him if he pays quickly. The ad then closes with a threatening message: “FIND US BEFORE WE FIND YOU”.

What is more disturbing than the ad itself is that governments are now finding it suitable to announce to us that we are living in an Orwellian police state and that we are all being monitored. “Pay up, or we will find you. We know where you live. We are watching you.” This commercial is a chilling confirmation that we are living in an Orwellian nightmare.


More about the tax amnesty here:

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/video/Bernie_Dagenais_Tax_Amnesty_04_02_10




No comments: