Monday, April 6, 2009

More Government Harassment ...this time by TSA (What! Them again!)

I was going to post this video the other day but then I saw my friend over at Blue-Collar Muse had already posted it...great job!
***

More Government Bullying from TSA

Posted by: Blue Collar Muse in 1st Amendment, 4th Amendment, 5th Amendment, Blogroll, Breaking News, Constitution Issues, Law Enforcement, Smaller Government

I spent a lot of time in airports last year. I always get wanded and have to pass through the security patdown due to a piece of jewelry that no longer comes off. It’s annoying but unless I want to cut the bracelet off, I’ll live with it.

Still, I’m not the only person who thinks the TSA and other law enforcement agencies routinely overstep their bounds simply because they can and they are taught to be intimidating. More recently this disturbing trend in law enforcement took a fascist turn in Missouri where Law Enforcement was told that militia members and domestic terrorists could be profiled by bumper stickers on their vehicles.

People who ignore or are ignorant of their Constitutional rights to things like the 1st Amendment’s Freedom of Speech and the 4th Amendment’s right “to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures” without a warrant being issued after law enforcement demonstrates probable cause and the 5th Amendment’s protection against self incrimination AND against having their effects seized without due process routinely give up their rights to the Government when they are confronted with seemingly innocuous questions like, “If you don’t have anything to hide, why won’t you ____?”

How dangerous that our Government no longer understands that “If you are going to abide by the Constitution, why would you ask such a thing?”

Think this is just an academic or rhetorical question? Think again. My friend Preston Taylor Holmes over at Six Meat Buffet has a video up of a FOX program hosted by Judge Napolitano where a young man carrying cash and Campaign for Liberty material was detained by at the St. Louis airport for 25 minutes and questioned by Law Enforcement who repeatedly asked him to surrender his Constitutional rights merely to satisfy their curiosity. The entire thing was caught on audio tape.

Welcome to America under the authority of Big Government. Kiss your rights good-bye when you leave your house in the morning. You may never see them again … I want to know what happened to the guys in the windowless room.

5 Responses to “More Government Bullying from TSA”
  1. Rick PEllicciotti (1 comments) says:

    I wish the young man had the presence of mind to answer the “What is this money for?” question with the answer, “All debts public and private.”

  2. The rights of Americans are melting away faster than Arctic Sea ice « Right Minded Online says:

    […] More Government Bullying from TSA Blue Collar Muse. […]

  3. Warner Todd Huston (1 comments) says:

    Never rains but pours.

  4. serr8d (6 comments) says:

    Good post.

    Where can I get one of those ‘record with a scratch’ phones? )

  5. Norm (3 comments) says:

    Ref: response #1 (Rick)

    “All debts public and private.” I like that! I’ll have to remember that if I ever win the lottery! Then I can carry a bunch of money by TSA and wave it in their noses!

2 comments:

Joe said...

This is the prime reason why I won't get on a plane and fly anymore. This guy was harassed because he had a Ron Paul bumper sticker and he probably wasn't even on a watch list. Whereas, because of the fact that I have voiced my opposition to a whole slew of political hacks in our government with my emails, one of them put me on a watch list. So I'm going to reiterate what I've said before on this subject of political harassment; If some terrorist in this country goes into a mall or any place where a lot of people congregate and does harm to them, shame on this government for wasting a lot of precious time investigating me when they could have investigated him and headed off his bad deeds.

Storm'n Norm'n said...

One of the voices sounded like a young punk who was given a little bit of authority and overnight he became a four star field commander!