Thursday, April 28, 2022

Just rolling along...not anymore! Now I have to walk!

Mississippi...everything didn't go so well yesterday. While visiting your state for a three day stay you let someone steal my bicycle. Why did you do that? It was a good old bike that's been with me for well over twenty years. If it could talk it would have some wonderful stories to tell...but it can't so all I'm left with is a memory of the many bike trails I've enjoyed from Cape Cod to Texas and from most anywhere in the South and the Eastern seashore and now it's gone. Like the words in the song, "old man river just keep rolling along" my thoughts of Mississippi every time I'm passing through will be that my old faded red Huffy is still rolling along. And to the SOB that stole it, I wouldn't wish you any bad luck but there's a freight train crossing up ahead, I hope you meet up with it on a timely basis.

No comments: