Sunday, July 27, 2014

我寧願做這個不是玩視頻遊戲。

Wǒ nìngyuàn zuò zhège bùshì wán shìpín yóuxì.  *

 
*I'd rather do this than play video games.
_________________________
____________
_____

1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

2. If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -- Mark Twain

3. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But then I repeat myself. -- Mark Twain

4. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. --Winston Churchill

5. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. – George Bernard Shaw

6. Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.-- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

7. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. --Ronald Reagan (1986)

8. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. -- Will Rogers

9. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free!
-- P. J. O'Rourke

10. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you! -- Pericles (430 B.C.)

11. No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session. -- Mark Twain (1866)

12. Talk is cheap, except when Congress does it. -- Anonymous

13. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

14. What this country needs are more unemployed politicians --Edward Langley,
Artist (1928-1995)

15. A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson

16. We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. -- Aesop

No comments: