Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day...it doesn't get any better than this





I Am A Retired Veteran
By Norman E. Hooben
USAF, MSgt, Retired

I am a retired veteran of the United States Armed Forces
Now I am a member of We The People

During my active duty years I’ve seen war and rumors of war

I protected We The People
I fought for God and country
Blessed by We The People
The path I chose was
The road not taken

by We The People….
They were the best years of my life

Unbeknown to We The People
The hardships I endured Will never be shared

by We The People
For over two score years in uniform

Now I dress as We The People….
Time moves on and I’m here to say

Freedom is not free for We The People….
When it was said that old soldiers never die

They just fade away by We The People….
When the time has come and my years are spent
I’ll be buried by We The People….

©️ Norman E. Hooben 

See also Patriot Files

1 comment:

Storm'n Norm'n said...

If anyone has a copy (close up prefered) of the recent reading of my poem by Congressman Jim Jordan, please send me a copy. Thanks.