Monday, August 22, 2016

I wrote this story over fifty years ago...finally the government read it!

By Norman E. Hooben

Some years ago I was sitting at the edge of the pier... To be more accurate, it was one of the wide pilings that support the pier. I was fishing. After catching a few small fry that I tossed back into the water, my hook snagged something big.  Man, this was going to be a record breaker!  I struggled for what seemed the best part of thirty minutes and still no sight of what was at the end of my line.  Manipulating the pole such that whatever it was would not snap the line, I reeled some and released some trying to tire out whatever it was...the pole seemed like it was about to snap...I was the one getting tired. The battle for supremacy was coming to a head.   One of us will be a loser and it won't be me!  Then all of a sudden I saw this huge fish break the surface of the water...it happened so fast I could not identify the type of fish that it was... The action however caused me to over re-act and forgetting that I was so close to the edge of the pier and with a taut line and bent pole the forces pulling at me were greater than my resistance to overcome them...and with one big splash I fell into the water below... Do you want to know what happened next?






I drowned!


Meanwhile at Healthcare.gov
 

No comments: