Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Petty Officer Tumilson and Hawkeye, his best friend

Note: This post was updated with the addition of a small tribute video below the picture.
Our friend Meg recorded the version of Danny Boy...the rendition even without the words has a special meaning to me and I think to all who go off to distant lands for patriotic causes...I did not know Tumilson but I'm sure he was somebody's Danny Boy.  ~ Norman E. Hooben

Also see: The Execution of Seal Team 6 Added August 30, 2011

Some pictures you can describe and some pictures leave nothing to describe, that is why it is said, "A picture is worth a thousand words." ~ Norman E. Hooben

_______________
The following from: KIMT_Channel 3
Rockford, IA - A North Iowa hero is back home after dying for his country. About 1,500 people showed up today at the Rockford Senior High School to say good-bye to Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson. Jon's sisters Kristie and Joy describe their brother as someone they looked up to, and who always showed strength courage and determination.  Fellow Navy SEALS say Jon was someone with unmatched work ethic and character.As Tumilson is brought to his final resting place, family and friends know he died living out his passion.
This from me:
I didn't know Tumilson personally but personally I am angered in his untimely death.  From all the news that came following the so-called death of Osama Bin Laden and the heroics of Seal Team 6, I am personally convinced his death was in vain and was caused by the usurper in the White House vying for some political advantage in the upcoming elections of 2012.  As for Bin Laden he most likely died of kidney problems some years earlier (even some of Bin Laden's video releases were proven to be fake) or he may have been killed in some bombed out cave...who knows?  I also believe that Pakistan was involved with the raid on the faux Bin Laden's compound after all Obama has Pakistani friends from his visits there as a student... Americans may never know the full story but I believe in what I believe because the liar in the White House has never spoken the truth about anything.
Meanwhile I am touched by the picture of Tumilson's flag draped casket kept watch by his faithful dog Hawkeye... this is the kind of thing that brings a tear to my eye, for I am a dog lover and former career military person who was fortunate enough to make it through unscathed during my tour in Vietnam.  I have seen the ravages of war and know what it can do to an individual and I know that there will be wars and rumors of wars (a really Big Guy told me) and I know all about the unconditional love a dog has for his companion (some would say, "His master" but all my dogs were my best friends).  And although the author is unknown, I tend to believe the following:
 "The dog is the only animal that has seen his god." (Don't know if that should be a capital G, but the dog knows)
Hawkeye in the picture below has not only seen his god, he is now taking commands from Petty Officer Tumilson, his best friend... ~ Norman E. Hooben

video tribute

1 comment:

Findalis said...

Some loyalties last more than a lifetime.