Saturday, October 16, 2010

Paradise...exactly as described in the Quran

Bernie, as usual, has an analogy for just about everything...especially those concepts we sometimes cannot prove to the living world...you know, the things you have to die for before our souls find out the Godly truth that awaits us.  It is said that our faith is the only thing we have to rely on when it comes to the hereafter.  We all desire that we depart this world for a better place for eternity.  That better place is usually defined as heaven in the Great Books of religiondom (I know that is not a word but I needed one that would cover all religions and at my age I can make up any word I so choose, so there!).  And who has not heard of that idyllic place so oftened talked about in the Quran...you know, the 72 virgins and all.  I guess you have to convert to Islam to partake in these afterlife paradises.  But why convert to Islam?  You can have all that without breathing your last breath...read on, it doesn't get any better than this. ~ Norman E. Hooben
ps: I do not question the virginity of the angels.

My Atheist Heaven
By Bernie on 14 Oct 2010
Just because I am an Atheist does not mean I cannot dream about Heaven. I want to admit here that the Muslim concept of Heaven actually mirrors my own. According to Muslim belief, everything one longs for in this world, will be there in Paradise. Rivers of wine and clear drink, an unending supply of nubile young women of "dazzling whiteness" wearing costly robes, golden and diamond studded bracelets, perfumes from the essences of the most exotic orchids.
Delicious fruits of all seasons fill silver goblets. The palaces are mansions made from bricks of gold and silver, inlaid with pearls, lapis, rubies and emeralds. Your every wish is fulfilled.
Women of indescribable sultriness and skilled in the pleasures of love recline on couches sewn with intertwined threads of gold, the finest of Oriental silk, and the blond hairs of virgins from the north countries.
And in all this, I was able to obtain an actual photo of this Paradise by aid of a Jinn who granted my wish to see the world to come.
Amazingly, it is exactly as described in the Quran and as my mind pictured it, with a host of Angels bestride the Ruler of Paradise:
heaven in my mind

No comments: