Monday, November 9, 2009

Kill The Bill...in retrospect [ HR 3962 Rally - November 5, 2009 ]

It's been one heck of a week... Starting out on Tuesday morning I drove straight through to the Virginia state line before resting up for the final leg of my journey to the Nation's capitol, Washington, D.C. (maybe I should point out that I started out from southeastern Alabama). In any event, it was with very short notice that I took the opportunity to meet with Congresswoman Michelle Bachman from the State of Minnesota to protest HR 3962, the bill that would destroy America's freedom of choice regarding health care.

Upon arrival to the hot bed of political activity I was indeed privileged to meet with members of the Vets For Freedom (VFF) and other groups that were in the Capitol for various reasons. I mention this to clarify that the VFF was there to emphasize to the leadership that recommendations from the commanders on the ground should be prioritized from the military perspective and not the politically correct and inexperienced man who would be king.

This after-the-fact post serves little purpose as the resolution was passed by a vote of 220 to 215 late Saturday night. I listened to the entire debate on C-SPAN over the X-M satellite and can only come to one conclusion; HR 3962 is un-Constitutional! Imagine forcing American citizens to purchase an insurance plan or go to jail! If this thing flies through the Senate I predict a civil war will be forthcoming...there is no alternative!

Meanwhile, though I took along a video camera, I made the mistake of taping one long episode which turned out to be 1.4 gigabytes in size and about 45 minutes in length. Attempting to upload such a huge size to this website and also to YouTube was all in vain...so unless I can break it up into smaller segments you'll have to accept this smaller version (below) made up of shots from the still camera.

The othe main issue of the week was the killing of our soldiers at Fort Hood, Texas but I'll leave that for another space.


Side note: The previous post, Save Our Children needs wider dissemination. This has to be the worst of the worst of what is happening to our children.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Great video Norman!
Joe