Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Do Not Send Freebies! ... I cannot afford them! Has the FTC become Obama's Heinrich Himmler?*

Geeesh!

Ref: "... up to $16,000 for Not Disclosing Freebies"

Remember that time I called you and offered to take you out to lunch whenever I was in your area... That would have been an awful expensive lunch!



Breaking: Government Figures Out How To Shut Down Blogs


The Federal Trade Commission has just released a ruling (PDF) that requires bloggers to disclose anything–and I mean anything–they receive as a result of their blogging. Free review copies of books. Trips to oil rigs. Payments. T-shirts. Whatever it is, you better disclose it, or you get slapped with a fine of $11,000 per infraction. [...]

Snooper adds...
"Yep. It's unconstitutional. Come shut me down, morons. I don't care how many pdf files these morons come up with but shutting me down for any reason just shy of making threats against someone is against the US Constitution. Screw them all."

Read the full article here (with links to more).

*Hitler's Right Hand Man

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. FTC, do you feel lucky?

Storm'n Norm'n said...

Not sure what Anonymous means...
Can you be more specific?

Ben said...

I do not do product reviews. My blogs are not monetized, I do not sell advertising.

I write about facts, opinions, events and conditions and I don't give a damn who I offend.

I just gathered info that will prompt me to piss on Sarah Palin's candidacy. I will, for blessed good reason.
Truth trumps; its a labor of love, not money.

When they drag me into court for what I utter and publish, I will curse the Judge and Jury in the most profane and obscene manner you can imagine.

Storm'n Norm'n said...

Ben...

Did I miss something?

Ben said...

Bill Warner wrote an expose, pointing to Sarah's Facebook page where she posted remarks from her Hong Kong speech. In that speech, she exposed the same abysmal ignorance that caused Shrub to waste thousands of lives and billions of dollars chasing a mirage.

I have uttered and published.
Many Conservatives will be pissed.

Three posts at Bloggersbase, that one had 52 views, the others, 6 each.

The Feds are just gettin started, in my opinion. The FTC is the foot in the door. At least they have nothing on me. Yet.