Monday, November 10, 2008

Funny Story ...from my in box

----- Original Message -----
From:
To: '
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 8:07 PM
Subject: Funny Story

I was in a small Montgomery eating establishment this weekend and I tried something you might enjoy.

The young waitress had provided excellent service during my meal, and when she came over to ask if I needed anything else, I asked her who she voted for in the Presidential election. She answered “Barak Obama” with a smile.

I told her “Well that’s great” and smiled.

Then I said “Here is what I am going to do for you. You see that other waitress over across the room? Well, even though you gave excellent service during my meal, I’m going to give your tip to her.”

The waitress looked shocked, and exclaimed “Hey wait a minute, that’s not fair.”

I said, “Obama campaigned on the philosophy that the nation from now on should not be selfish, and that everyone’s wealth should be spread around to those less fortunate…that’s what I figure I’ll do. When you voted for Obama, you voted for that philosophy.”

Of course before the waitress could make too much of a public fuss, I told her I was only kidding and that she would get the tip.

Maybe, just maybe, she realizes the implication of what her vote has done.

Bob G.

This was my reply:

----- Original Message -----
From:
To:
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 8:07 PM
Subject: Funny Story
That's a great story!

I'd have 2nd thoughts about the tip...

No comments: